Know Before You Go
Here are the most important things you need to be aware of as you prepare for your Disney Cruise Line trip. While the Disney cruise experience may have changed a bit, they have come up with new and exciting offerings to create magical memories together—tailored to our times and presented with all the care you’ve come to expect from Disney Cruise Line. From original live shows inside the lavish Walt Disney Theatre to innovative new ways to see and interact with Disney Characters throughout the ship, storytelling springs to life on a Disney cruise.
As Guests are welcomed aboard the ships, the health and safety of Guests, Cast Members and Crew Members is a top priority. Disney are resuming sailing in a gradual, phased approach that emphasizes multiple layers of health and safety measures, developed in consideration of guidance from the UK government, health authorities and medical experts. Under this guidance, we’ve reimagined your cruise experience so we all can enjoy the magic responsibly.
Additionally, enjoy peace of mind when booking your Disney Magic at Sea UK staycation sailing for this summer, knowing there are options available that allow you to change or cancel your booking flexibly.
Information for before and during your staycation…
Top Things You Need to Know
Here are the most important things you need to be aware of as you prepare for your Disney Cruise Line vacation.
In order to sail, Guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated as defined by the National Health Service. The National Health Service (NHS) currently defines “fully vaccinated” as 7 days after the final dose. Disney Cruise Line will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to show proof of this vaccination status.
COVID-19 tests are required for Guests under the age of 18 before leaving home, and the testing at the terminal for all Guests before setting sail.
- Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing: Guests under 18 years of age are not required to be vaccinated, but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the date you set sail. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special discounted rate through a third-party vendor for PCR tests and we will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to complete and submit their test results. Guests may obtain their PCR test from the third-party vendor or any qualified testing supplier.
- Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, including those who have been vaccinated, are required to undergo an antigen COVID-19 rapid test administered by a third party in the terminal prior to boarding. Anyone testing positive will undergo a second test to verify the results. All tests administered at the terminal will be at the expense of Disney Cruise Line. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results, as well as those in their travel party, will be denied boarding.
Multiple health screenings will be conducted before and during your cruise to promote the health and safety of everyone on board.
- Temperature Checks: Before leaving home, be sure to check the temperatures of everyone in your party—including yourself—as an extra layer of precaution. Everyone arriving at the terminal will have their temperature checked. Guests with a temperature higher than 38°C are not permitted to board, nor are any Guests in their travel party. During your cruise, daily temperature checks are required aboard the ship for all Guests and Crew. Crew Members will be stationed at the entrances to the dining rooms during lunch to take your temperature. Guests displaying a temperature higher than 38°C will be referred to the onboard Medical Center.
- Embarkation Day Health Questionnaire: Guests are required to complete a health questionnaire related to COVID-19 and gastrointestinal illnesses on Embarkation Day. Guests are also required to attest as to whether they have experienced or are currently experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with anyone suspected of or confirmed as having COVID-19 within the previous 14 days.
- Daily Health Questionnaire: Guests are required to complete a daily health questionnaire via the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app on behalf of every Guest in their stateroom. Each day, via the app, Guests will receive a daily notification and link to complete the health questionnaire.
- Crew Members: All Crew Members will be screened for symptoms of illness before every shift and have their temperatures checked twice daily. Crew Members showing any symptoms of feeling unwell will refrain from working.
Guest capacity aboard the ships is reduced and experiences have been adjusted to allow for physical distancing.
Signage throughout the ship reminds Guests and Crew to practice physical distancing. Physical barriers have also been installed in areas where physical distancing may be difficult to maintain, like at check-in and Guest Services.
Complimentary experiences, such as theatrical shows, must be booked in advance. Close-up interactions with Disney Characters have been paused, and youth activities are experienced in small group settings.
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 11 and up) and Crew Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. It is recommended that children ages 3 to 10 wear a face covering at all times except in designated locations.
Disney Cruise Line Navigator App
Download the latest version of the app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled. This will allow you to carry out the following;
- Guest Services Live Chat: Communicate directly with a Guest Services Crew Member—in addition to the Dining teams.
- Virtual Queue: New virtual queue to easily reserve time at the Goofy’s Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Area.
- Advance Reservations for Complimentary Experiences: In addition to booking premium offerings, you’ll need to reserve complimentary experiences, including showtimes for the West-End-style live shows, time in the kids clubs and visits to the gym, available in the app.
- Digital Receipts: Guests can now review recent transactions and purchases directly via the app.
- Details You Need: View digital menus, activity schedules, venue descriptions and locations, and much more.
- Exploring Made Easy: Find what you’re looking for quickly with deck plans that show the restaurants, shops and more near you.
Be sure to complete your Online Check-In at least one day prior to the date you set sail. This step-by-step process includes filling out important cruise documents, in addition to selecting a port arrival time, which you’ll need to do before you make your way to the terminal. Please note: All Guests and Castaway Club Members—including Platinum Members—are required to select a port arrival time before making their way to the cruise terminal. Completing Online Check-In in advance helps in physical distancing efforts and reduces the time at the cruise terminal before you board the ship. Guests will not be permitted at the terminal or in parking areas before their scheduled arrival time in order to help maintain physical distancing in the terminal. Guests who arrive early will be asked to return at their scheduled arrival time.
Our Enhanced Health & Safety Measures
Our approach brings together 5 elements that help us promote health and safety for all Guests, Crew Members and Cast Members, something we at Picniq and Disney Cruise Line take very seriously.
Health & Wellness
The Disney Cruise Line approach emphasizes a combination of measures to help promote healthy and safety on the ships.
There are updated our protocols for cleanliness throughout the ships.
These procedures include:
- Enhanced Cleaning: Building on existing standards of cleaning with heightened protocols, Disney Cruise Line are increasing the frequency of cleaning with disinfecting products that meet guidelines for use against coronaviruses, bacteria and other pathogens. Extra attention will be given to high-touch areas such as handrails, doorknobs and elevator buttons, as well as children’s facilities and other common spaces.
- Modified Housekeeping: Staterooms will receive deep cleaning treatments between voyages, in addition to twice-daily housekeeping service during each voyage. All linens will be washed at high temperatures for extended cycle times and high-touch loose soft goods—such as sofa pillows and paper stationery—have been removed.
- Air Purification: All ships will be equipped with a new purification system that cleans both air and surface areas using a process called ionization. We are also increasing the circulation of fresh air on board all ships, and all HVAC air filters have been upgraded to MERV-13 high efficiency grade, which can remove very small particles. Additionally, each stateroom maintains singular air circulation, eliminating the need for air intake from adjacent common areas.
Crew Member Training
Health and safety starts with our Crew, so we’ve adopted a number of new policies and protocols.
New protocols include:
- Training: Crew Members are receiving additional training on both new measures and the continued importance of personal health and hygiene, such as handwashing, refraining from working while feeling ill, and identifying symptoms of COVID-19. This includes training on how to help Guests and Crew follow new health and safety measures, such as wearing a face covering and maintaining physical distancing.
- Workplace Health & Safety: We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning in work areas, adjusted our work practices to accommodate physical distancing, and introduced new protocols for COVID-19 testing, temperature checks and face coverings for our Crew.
We’re giving Guests the information they need to navigate our new policies and do their part.
- Guest Communication: We will be sharing information with Guests via email and on our website about what to expect ahead of their voyage. On board, we have added additional signage about personal health and hygiene, and new measures are in place for physical distancing, cleaning and more. Guests will also receive tips on ways to promote health and safety via their stateroom television, digital signage and the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app.
Many of the actions we all take in our daily lives to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 are designed to help not only ourselves, but others as well. As we enforce our guidelines during your cruise, we want to thank our Guests and Crew Members for doing their part.
Why book with Picniq
We have some great Picniq extra's when you book your Disney trip with us.Learn more
Book with confidence
Our current booking conditions offer more flexibility than ever before! Book via our website or by telephone and enjoy total peace of mind.
Book with confidence
We're a bonded member of ABTA, membership no. P7390
Over 7000 reviews
We have been rate '5 stars' by over 7,000 customers!